This Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. Serve it cold as a summer pasta salad or hot as a delicious winter entree!
Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 16 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 cup basil pesto (homemade or storebought)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips (i.e. chiffonade)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. (Note: I usually cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes less than the package suggests so that the pasta still has some texture.)
- Rinse and drain pasta and set aside. (Tip: When using pasta for a salad, toss it in a large bowl with a couple Tbsp of milk once it’s cooked. The milk helps prevent the pasta from sticking together.)
- Using a large bowl, mix together the pesto, pasta and chicken. Stir until well combined and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil immediately before serving.
- Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
We often make this exact recipe in the winter, but we serve it hot instead. It works great both ways!
SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY