Egg Muffin Breakfast – Keto Low-Carb Cups – Low in carbs and high in protein, these simple eggs cups are the perfect easy make-ahead breakfast for on the go. Baked in a muffin tin, you can customize them to your tastes for maximum flavor!
EGG MUFFIN BREAKFAST – KETO LOW-CARB CUPS
Low in carbs and high in protein - The perfect make-ahead breakfast for on the go
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 lb (125g) cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar, or any cheese you like
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 6 count muffin pan with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
2. Stir in tomato, bell pepper, ham, scallion, cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning and red chili pepper flakes (if using). Divide evenly into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full. Top with more ham and cheese if you like. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool a bit and serve immediately, or enjoy cold.
Note: The recipe is versatile enough so you can customize with what you have on hand in the refrigerator!