Asado Chicken and Sautéed lemon Zucchini – Juicy and flavorful, this chicken Asado recipe is perfect for summer BBQ, memorial day cookout or any weeknight dinner. This healthy chicken dinner is prepped on the stove using only one pan and a handful of easy to find ingredients. Paleo, low carb and keto friendly– You will love the flavors. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE ASADO CHICKEN AND ZUCCHINI
ASADO CHICKEN AND SAUTEED LEMON ZUCCHINI
Juicy and flavorful, this healthy chicken recipe is perfect for summer BBQ, memorial day cookout or any weeknight dinner.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- 3 lbs (1.5kg) Chicken breast
- 2 to 3 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 8 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice, more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Olive Oil
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, chicken stock, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic, chili flakes, and olive oil. Taste and adjust salt and lemon before adding chicken.
2. Add in chicken and coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate. When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and reserve the marinade for later.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook chicken on both sides, until internal temperature reads 165ºF (74ºC) on an instant-read thermometer, approx. 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
4. Add the diced zucchini to the same pan and season with salt, pepper and red chili pepper flakes (if using), add a bit of oil if necessary. Saute for 2-3 minutes over medium-low, then add the remaining marinade. Cook zucchini with the marinade sauce for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce has reduced a bit and zucchini are tender.
5. Divide cooked zucchini and the sauce into plates or bowls and top with sliced chicken breasts. Serve garnished with lemon slices, and fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy! An extra splash of lemon juice before serving the Asado chicken is highly recommended. Enjoy!
SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY